Re: Cloop on Red Hat 9

From: P
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 04:24:00 EST

Theewara Vorakosit wrote:
Dear All,
I want to create linux distribution on one CD, like Virtual
Linux. I try to use some compressed file system. I cannot use cramfs
because supported file size is too small.

Have a look at customising knoppix (which uses cloop), rather than
starting from scratch.

I try to use cloop but I cannot
compile on Red Hat 9 with kernel 2.4.20-19.9smp. Here is a error message:

I use cloop_0.68-4.tar.gz sucessfully on redhat 9 (2.4.20-8smp)

I built it like:

make KERNEL_DIR=/usr/src/linux-2.4/ CFLAGS="-DREDHAT_KERNEL -O2"

Pádraig.