Re: kbuild: Separate ouput directory support

From: Chris Friesen
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 02:43:15 EST

Sam Ravnborg wrote:
On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 05:53:33PM -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:

Is it possible, with your patches, to build from a kernel tree on a read-only medium?

Yes, thats possible. But I have seen that as a secondary possibility.
But I know people has asked about the possibility to build a kernel
from src located on a CD. And thats possible with this patch.

This rocks. I've been cleaning and rebuilding with different configs up till now. Once we switch to 2.6 this will make things much nicer.

Chris

--
Chris Friesen | MailStop: 043/33/F10
Nortel Networks | work: (613) 765-0557