Re: 2.6.0-t3: vfs/ext3 do_lookup bug?!

From: Martin Zwickel
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 02:26:40 EST

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 23:41:19 -0700
Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx> bubbled:

> Martin Zwickel <martin.zwickel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > cutted-dmesg.txt text/plain (15496 bytes)
>
> Try `dmesg -s 1000000'. The silly thing has too small a buffer.

too late.. :(
rebooted and fscked.
on reboot, my console did hang up while unmounting fs's and i got tons of
strange errors about something on my fs(where the processes got stuck). can't
remeber the outputs, was too much and too fast.
only a sysrq-b helped.

on another fs i got some "Deleted inode ###### has zero dtime. Fix<y>?".
(on other boxes i get them sometimes too if i manually check a ext3
fs)
shouldnt ext3 prevent those errors, since it has a journal and should
recover them???

on the fs where the processes got stuck i got some unattached inodes:
Unattached inode 1035466
Connect to /lost+found<y>? yes

Inode 1035466 ref count is 2, should be 1. Fix<y>? yes

Unattached inode 1053163
Connect to /lost+found<y>? yes

Inode 1053163 ref count is 2, should be 1. Fix<y>? yes

Inode 1053382 ref count is 1, should be 2. Fix<y>? yes

Pass 5: Checking group summary information

is this the normal behaviour, to e2fsck the ext3 fs's after some time?
i thought that ext3 handles those errors itself.

well, after the reboot and fsck i can access my files again.

ps.: 2.6.0-t3 scheduler performance is not that good...

Regards,
Martin

--
MyExcuse:
Zombie processes detected, machine is haunted.

Martin Zwickel <martin.zwickel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Research & Development

TechnoTrend AG <http://www.technotrend.de>