Re: NFS regression in 2.6 -- gnome problem

From: Tupshin Harper
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 20:17:49 EST

Andries Brouwer wrote:

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 05:28:03PM -0700, Tupshin Harper wrote:

This patch makes the previously posted test work for me, but I'm experiencing a differenct NFS regression between 2.4 and 2.6. Whatever locking method that gnome2 is using when running home directories over nfs is failing when the client is running 2.6.
Gnome reports that it failed to lock it's test file, and aborts.
It says that the error was "no locks available".

"Gnome" is not precise enough for me.
If you have an explicit test program that works on 2.4 and fails
on 2.6 and is not more than a single page in length, I wouldnt mind
looking at it.

Fair enough. I don't have such an explicit test at the moment, but I will talk to the gnome guys and see if I can come up with one. I was reporting what the gnome2 session-manager complains about, but comparable errors come from something as simple as gnome-terminal (simplest program I've seen that has the problem). FWIW, this is gnome 2.2.2. I'll get back to you when I know more.

-Tupshin