Re: DVD ROM on 2.6

From: Christian Axelsson
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 08:59:31 EST

Wakko Warner wrote:

Try passing the -t iso9660 option to mount or (if that doesn't work) you could go so far as to removing the UDF support from the kernel.

I had a brain fart. I was using -o instead of -t =(

I do have DVDs playing now on 2.6.0-test3. I used ide-cd instead of
ide-scsi. apparently the scsi layer didn't like it.
Buffer I/O error on device sr1, logical block 7651
Buffer I/O error on device sr1, logical block 7652
Buffer I/O error on device sr1, logical block 7653
end_request: I/O error, dev sr1, sector 660400

I would get tons of Buffer I/O errors and some end_requests like the above

I thought ide-scsi was broken?

--
Christian Axelsson
smiler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx