RE: redhat 2.4.20 kernel 3.5G patch, bug report on my previous2.4.18 kernel 3.5G patch

From: Chuck Luciano
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 17:54:04 EST

Dave,

You're right. I did make an attribution when I posted the .18 version
of this, but I didn't this time. So,

I believe the original code was written by someone named Andrea. It
was a patch against 2.5.74.

Dave Hansen and Martin Bligh were very helpful and answered numerous
emails and gave me numerous pointers.

Also, Mel Gorman's draft book "Understanding the Linux Virtual
Memory Manager" provided much useful context for me to dive into
this code, and if I may give an unsolicited plug for his book, it's
well worth buying. :)

Failing to gratefully acknowledge this help was a regrettable oversight.

Thank you,
Chuck Luciano
chuck@xxxxxxxxxxxxx