Re: Can't read fan-speeds from i2c

From: Stian Jordet
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 16:59:17 EST

tir, 19.08.2003 kl. 23.02 skrev Greg KH:
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 10:57:13PM +0200, Stian Jordet wrote:
> > tir, 19.08.2003 kl. 22.53 skrev Greg KH:

> > > What kernel version are you using?
> >
> > Latest bk-snapshot...
>
> Does 2.4 work just fine for this chip and driver and 2.6 does not? If
> 2.4 also doesn't work, I would suggest bringing this up on the sensors
> mailing list.

Doesn't work with 2.4 neither. I'll try the list, but I don't have much
hope for them doing anything. Quoting from the their webpage:

If you have problems, please lobby Asus to release a datasheet.
Unfortunately several others have without success.
Please do not send mail to us asking for better as99127f support.

Which I do ofcourse understand. I just wondered if there was some voodoo
I didnt' understand. Works fine with Motherboard Monitor 5 in Windows.

Thanks :)

Best regards,
Stian