Re: Broadcom gigabit ethernet question for Jeff?

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 16:44:33 EST

walt wrote:
Hi, it's me again. Sorry to be back, but 2.6 is looming and I still have the
same old problem with my Asus A7V8X with builtin Broadcom chip.

If you'll recall I must do an ifconfig down/up cycle to get the chip to transmit
any packets. Once I do that the chip works fine until the next reboot. See lkml
archives for March 5.

I'll take a look.

This problem first appeared in 2.4.21-rc5. Before that the chip worked fine for me.

Now that's an interesting piece of information. I'll take a look at what changes in -rc5..

Jeff