redhat 2.4.20 kernel 3.5G patch, bug report on my previous 2.4.18 kernel 3.5G patch

From: Chuck Luciano
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 13:08:08 EST

Again, I've been kinda lazy about adding the configuration stuff, but, this patch applied to kernel-2.4.20-18.7.src.rpm will give
you a kernel where PAGE_OFFSET can be set with 2 MB granularity instead of 1GB.

BTW, there is a defect in the 2.4.18 version of this patch in the function get_pgd_slow which doesn't handle the partial PGD
properly. In 2.4.20 the fix for this problem is in the function pgd_alloc. I will probably not have time to back port this fix to
2.4.18.

Anyway, for your fun and amusement, the 2.4.20 patch is working and ready for use. I haven't tried seeing just how far I can push
PAGE_OFFSET yet, but I'd like to see how close I can get to 0xf0000000 and maybe beyond.

Links:

http://www.mrluciano.com/chuck/linux-2.4.18-unaligned.patch
http://www.mrluciano.com/chuck/linux-2.4.20-unaligned.patch
Chuck Luciano