Re: weird pcmcia problem

From: Russell King
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 06:50:53 EST

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 07:34:59PM -0500, Narayan Desai wrote:
> Running 2.6.0-test3 (both with and without your recent yenta socket
> patches) pcmcia cards present during boot don't show up until they are
> removed and reinserted. Once reinserted, they work fine. This only
> seems to occur if yenta_socket is build into the kernel; if support is
> modular, cards appear to be recognized properly at boot time. I am
> running on a thinkpad t21. Let me know if I can help with this
> problem in any way... thanks

As a general thing, when people report this problem (or any other problem),
can they please include at least the following details please:

- make/model of machine
- type of cardbus bridge (from lspci)
- type of card (pcmcia or cardbus)
- make/model of card
- full kernel dmesg (including yenta, card services messages)
- cardmgr messages from system log

--
Russell King (rmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) The developer of ARM Linux