Re: scheduler interactivity: timeslice calculation seem wrong

From: Con Kolivas
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 23:07:14 EST

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 12:54, Eric St-Laurent wrote:
> currently, nicer tasks (nice value toward -20) get larger timeslices,
> and less nice tasks (nice value toward 19) get small timeslices.

You mean this the other way round, no? +nice means more nice.

For the most part, most tasks start at nice 0 so they pretty much all get the
same size timslices unless they get preempted. The rest of the discussion
you can debate to the end of the earth, but application counts once you've
implemented theory. Changing it up and down by dynamic priority one way and
then the other wasn't helpful when I've tried it previously.

Con