RE: [SOLVED] RE: 2.6.0-test3 latest bk hangs when enabling IO-APIC

From: Brown, Len
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 20:16:54 EST

CONFIG_ACPI_HT is mostly just an alias for CONFIG_ACPI_BOOT -- the early
boot part of ACPI without the run-time events included in the full ACPI
implementation. Unless I screwed up the config dependencies, it should
be impossible to enable the full CONFIG_ACPI without including
CONFIG_ACPI_HT.

When full CONFIG_ACPI is used, the cmdline "acpi=ht" can be used to
revert to just the CONFIG_ACPI_HT behaviour.

The help built into config should explain this clearly, let me know if
it doesn't.

Thanks,
-Len

Ps. The "noapic" flag is actually broken in the baseline kernel in some
cases (ACPI enabled), a fix will come with the next batch...