Re: Current status of Intel PRO/Wireless 2100

From: Anders Karlsson
Date: Fri Aug 15 2003 - 05:22:18 EST

On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 10:10, Christian Axelsson wrote:
> Whats the current status of the Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 MiniPCI?
> Some rumours says that its based upon the prisma 2.5 chip but I havent
> had any luck with those drivers. Intel stays passive it seems.

It is not a Prism 2.5 chipset, it is an Intel chipset that currently is
unsupported. I have not had a response from Intel in my last mail to
them, but I guess there could be holiday time there.

For the time being those mini-PCI cards is dead weight in the laptop I
am afraid. I hope that either Intel suddenly sees sense (snowflake in
hell analogy coming on) or some bright spark reverse engineers the card
and writes an alpha driver that surpasses the functionality of the Intel
beta drivers they keep under lock and key internally.

I'll probably locate some Prism CardBus card in the meantime to use.

--
Anders Karlsson <anders@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Trudheim Technology Limited