Re: 2.6.0-test2+Util-linux/cryptoapi

From: Andries . Brouwer
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 11:47:31 EST

> I hope we can get the control of key length back

Maybe you didnt see earlier mail about this.

Look: half a year ago there was nothing in vanilla kernel and
util-linux, and one had to use outside patches. Today there
is some support in vanilla kernel and util-linux, but nobody
stops you from continued use of outside patches.

In case you would prefer kernel and util-linux to improve,
don't say "I want improvements", but say very precisely
what syntax you would prefer and why.
Think first about things mounted from /etc/fstab.
Implementing stuff is trivial, but after things have been
implemented they won't be changed, so it is better to do
things right at once.