Re: Badness in device_release at drivers/base/core.c:84

From: Chiaki
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 21:06:10 EST

Chiaki wrote:

Kermit was very helpful but due to my inexperience i was not able to get
the log due to Linux's box resetting of /dev/ttyS0 when booting, i would
get disconnect...

Oh, I forgot some details. You might be able to
circumvent the problem by
issueing
set carrier-watch off

I use the direct-wire connetion with
a device from a Linux PC's tty port using ckermit and
so let me check the setup again tomorrow at the office.

Sorry for the delay. Below is the copy of kermit startup file
that I use for talking to a device that does not echo back characters.
I also power-on/off the device while connecting kermit to it, and
I don't think I got kicked off. : so
set carrier-watch off (abbreviated below as set carrier off)
should get you going talking to a linux box via
serial line during booting. (However,
I believe you already captured the necessary log using
uucp suite of tools.)

set line /dev/ttyS0
set speed 38400
set carrier off <- This is key to the disconnect problem.
set terminal echo local <--- lines below here are for local echo back
set terminal newline on
set terminal cr-display crlf

Thanks a lot for suggesting ckermit.

You are very welcome.

From a happy Kermit user.
If you need to ask elaborate ckermit questions,
comp.protocols.kermit.misc is where the original
developers of Kermit hang around.

Happy Hacking,

Ishikawa, Chiaki

--
int main(void){int j=2003;/*(c)2003 cishikawa. */
char t[] ="<CI> @abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.,\n\"";