Re: Updated MSI Patches

From: Zwane Mwaikambo
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 14:30:11 EST

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> So, IMO, do_IRQ is one special case where copying code may be preferred
> over common code.
>
> And I also feel the same way about do_MSI(). However, I have not looked
> at non-ia32 MSI implementations to know what sort of issues exist.

The main reason i have a preference for a seperate MSI handling path is so
that we don't have to do the platform_irq thing in do_IRQ and we know
what to expect wrt irq or vector. If platform_irq stays we should at
least try and pick up on what the IA64 folks have done, But that would be
even harder to get done right now.

Zwane