duplicate definition of EISA_bus compiling 2.4.22-rc2 with gcc 3.3.1

From: Davide Prina
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 09:25:17 EST

Hi,

[1.] One line summary of the problem:
Kernel compilation: duplicate definition of EISA_bus

[2.] Full description of the problem/report:
I'm compiling the kernel 2.4.22-rc2, I'm done a lot of compilation of that with
different parameters and only one time I have had that error: duplicate
definition of EISA_bus in:
.../include/linux/modules/i386_ksyms.ver
and
.../include/asm/processor.h

probably I have set something in .config that has generated it (I always create
.config with make xconfig)

I'm using gcc 3.3.1 on a Debian Woody

I have solved the problem changing the code of processor.h

#ifdef CONFIG_EISA
extern int EISA_bus;
#else
#define EISA_bus (0)
#endif

with the following

#ifdef CONFIG_EISA
extern int EISA_bus;
#else
#undef EISA_bus
#define EISA_bus (0)
#endif

because I don't have a EISA slot and I haven't select it in the .config file
Probably not always the CONFIG_EISA definition is set where the EISA_bus is
defined

[3.] Keywords (i.e., modules, networking, kernel):
kernel, compiling

[4.] Kernel version (from /proc/version):
I have 2.4.18 and I'm compiling 2.4.22-rc2

Ciao
Davide

=====
OpenOffice: la migliore suite per l'ufficio http://it.openoffice.org