Re: C99 Initialisers

From: Matthew Wilcox
Date: Mon Aug 11 2003 - 21:47:05 EST

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 07:18:53PM -0700, Robert Love wrote:
> Convert GNU-style to C99-style. I think converting unnamed initializers
> to named initializers is a Good Thing, too.

By and large ... here's a counterexample:

static struct pci_device_id tg3_pci_tbl[] __devinitdata = {
{ PCI_VENDOR_ID_BROADCOM, PCI_DEVICE_ID_TIGON3_5700,
PCI_ANY_ID, PCI_ANY_ID, 0, 0, 0UL },
{ PCI_VENDOR_ID_BROADCOM, PCI_DEVICE_ID_TIGON3_5701,
PCI_ANY_ID, PCI_ANY_ID, 0, 0, 0UL },

I don't think anyone would appreciate you converting that to:

static struct pci_device_id tg3_pci_tbl[] __devinitdata = {
{
.vendor = PCI_VENDOR_ID_BROADCOM,
.device = PCI_DEVICE_ID_TIGON3_5700,
.subvendor = PCI_ANY_ID,
.subdevice = PCI_ANY_ID,
.class = 0,
.class_mask = 0,
.driver_data = 0,
},
{
.vendor = PCI_VENDOR_ID_BROADCOM,
.device = PCI_DEVICE_ID_TIGON3_5701,
.subvendor = PCI_ANY_ID,
.subdevice = PCI_ANY_ID,
.class = 0,
.class_mask = 0,
.driver_data = 0,
},

Not unless they're paid by the line ;-)

--
"It's not Hollywood. War is real, war is primarily not about defeat or
victory, it is about death. I've seen thousands and thousands of dead bodies.