Re: 2.6.0-test2 does not boot with matroxfb

From: Dave Jones
Date: Mon Aug 11 2003 - 13:17:38 EST

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 08:01:06PM +0200, Jocelyn Mayer wrote:
> I played with my PC this week-end.
> First I recompiled XFree up to version 4.3.0. It fixed nothing.
> I found out that the agpgart/dri drivers failed to init:
> Linux agpgart interface v0.100 (c) Dave Jones

Did you also compile in any of the AGP chipset drivers?
You should see another AGP line following the above message.
If you built them as modules, make sure you put amd-k7-agp or the like
in your /etc/modules to make sure it gets loaded.

Greg, I'm getting quite a few mails which has been people getting
bitten by this. We discussed this briefly at OLS, what's the missing
piece of the puzzle here, hotplug userspace scripts iirc ?

Dave

--
Dave Jones http://www.codemonkey.org.uk