Re: 2.6.0-test3 cannot mount root fs

From: Norbert Preining
Date: Mon Aug 11 2003 - 00:40:21 EST

On Son, 10 Aug 2003, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > I tried as boot cmd line:
> > s root=03:41 acpi=off
> > and still it didn't work. Same problem.
>
> It is decimal. You want 03:65.

Still no success. With acpi=off and without.

> Could you test this patch? It should put things back to the way
> they were before this mini-fisaco. root=0341 should work as well.

Also no success.

Maybe I am stupid, but
make mrproper
make distclean
make config deb bzImage modules modules_install
should be enough to make a clean kernel? And, AFAIK, I compiled in ext3
and all other necessary stuff. Soon I give up.

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at> Technische Universität Wien