Re: [patch] SCHED_SOFTRR starve-free linux scheduling policy ...

From: jw schultz
Date: Sun Aug 10 2003 - 04:24:56 EST

On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 10:18:43AM +0200, Mike Galbraith wrote:
> At 05:56 PM 8/10/2003 +1000, Nick Piggin wrote:
>

> >Mike Galbraith wrote:

> >>:) My box is slow enough to handle them just fine, as long as I make
> >>sure that oinkers don't share the same queue with the light weight player.
> >

> >Just my (unsuccessful) attempt at humor!
>
> (was successful here... made for wide grin:)

Here too.

You know, that SCHED_SOFTRR is almost sounding like it
should be a SCHED_RESERVED where you could specify a
quantity of CPU time reserved for each task in
SCHED_RESERVED individually rather like isochronous which
was brought up earlier by Con. Of course you'd have to make
sure some time was unreservable.