Re: Reiser4 status: benchmarked vs. V3 (and ext3)

From: David Woodhouse
Date: Fri Aug 08 2003 - 19:49:32 EST

This box is IPv4 only -- your email address with only an AAAA record is
probably going to bounce again... :)

On Sat, 2003-08-09 at 01:29, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> Is this needing some special hardware support, or is it kind of forcing
> apm/apci power downs? Can you publish that script? I would need that for
> some stress testing of applications and the kernel.

I didn't do it myself -- I just got to fix the bugs which turned up ;)

I think it was done with X10 automated power switching stuff.

> I also wonder, what the best method is to test those hard crashes,
> especially interesting is the case, where disks get power interruption at
> write, to see if the filesystem and block layer recovers from things like
> half written (format needing) blocks.

Journal at application layer to external network-attached storage. Check
on-device fs integrity against your network journal at boot, continue
stress testing from where you left off.

--
dwmw2