2.6.0-test2-mm5 + July Wine + Galciv

From: gaxt
Date: Fri Aug 08 2003 - 14:56:24 EST

As an update to the messages I've been posting about running Galactic Civ in Wine on the 260 series:

260-test2-mm5 seems quite nice.

When programs are intially run (ie. Nautilus, OpenOffice etc. as well as Galciv in wine) there can be minor stuttering and some long delays but once the software is up, it can be switched back and forth with little problem. (When initially starting up even the movies ran fine without pauses)

There can be some minor stuttering when flipping between apps but it seems to smooth out after using a particular app for awhile which I would guess is the adpative nature of the scheduler?