Re: DMA timeouts on SIS IDE

From: Måns Rullgård (mru@users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2003 - 05:59:18 EST

Lionel Bouton <Lionel.Bouton@inet6.fr> writes:

> the lspci output you previously sent confirmed that the SiS IDE driver
> does set the UDMA timings correctly. Given this is out of the suspects
> list, I'd advise to :
>
> - test the hardware (uneasy on a notebook, 2.5" IDE drives aren't as
> common as 3.5" ones)

As you say, testing could be tricky. However, the machine is only
about one month old, so it shouldn't be dying already.

> - try latest ACPI on sourceforge and enable ACPI in the BIOS if not
> already done (seems to have helped once :
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=104212864518052&w=4)

patch tells me those are already applied to 2.6.0-test2. I tried
booting with pci=noacpi, just in case, but the problem remains. I
can't find any BIOS settings relating to ACPI.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@users.sf.net