Re: 2.6.0-test2+Util-linux/cryptoapi

From: Andries.Brouwer@cwi.nl
Date: Thu Jul 31 2003 - 04:41:25 EST

> First of all, in util-linux 2.12 the keybits option is gone
> I wanted to have losetup/mount hash the passphrase

The patches I got were maximal, too much junk.
So I went for a minimal version instead.

It is usable (when the kernel part is stable, which it isn't today)
but mount/losetup may well acquire a few options before it is
conveniently usable.

(I do not read crypto lists, and see only a very small fraction of
what passes by on lk, so if you want to influence util-linux
an explicit cc is a good idea.)

> has the encryption setup changed again since 2.4.x with hvr's
> testing cryptoapi stuff?

cryptoloop as it went in is essentially hvr's.

Andries