Re: [linux-usb-devel] Re: OHCI problems with suspend/resume

From: David Brownell (david-b@pacbell.net)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 22:51:27 EST

David Brownell wrote:

> The pm_*() is how a handful of sound drivers and other random
> stuff register themselves -- and how PCI does it.

To clarify, before someone jumps all over me: look inside
the PCI code, you'll see that PCI as a whole is registered
using the pm_*() stuff for power management. Yes, when
those callbacks get made, they morph into driver model calls.

Which means that PCI devices (like OHCI) don't fit into the
suspend/resume sequence in the way one would expect. It
might explain why I'm still seeing two equivalent suspend
notifications in the OHCI code...

- Dave