Question about 2.4 kernel clone() system call for ppc64 64bit apps

From: Robert Williamson (robbiew@us.ibm.com)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 16:24:55 EST

I'm trying to get the LTP clone() tests to execute on ppc64 in 64bit mode,
but I keep getting weird SIGSEGVs....even when the test reports PASS. I've
been able to execute every test in 32bit mode without problems. Has anyone
successfully used the clone() system call in a 64bit ppc64 app? And if so,
could you PLEASE enlighten me on what I may be doing wrong. I've attached
one of the LTP clone tests, clone02, which returns PASS, but also gets a
SIGSEGV and has a non-zero return code.....which gets logged as a FAIL.

-Robbie
(Not subscribed to list so please cc my address)

Robert V. Williamson <robbiew@us.ibm.com>
Linux Test Project
IBM Linux Technology Center
Web: http://ltp.sourceforge.net