Re: Kernel 2.6 size increase

From: Tom Rini (trini@kernel.crashing.org)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 10:33:11 EST

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 11:07:24AM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> Tom Rini <trini@kernel.crashing.org> writes:
> > And wouldn't it be nice to have one 'policy enforcing tool' or whatever
> > that you feed it policy_desktop.txt, policy_embedded_in_my_fridge.txt or
> > policy_enterprise.txt ?
>
> Sure, but not nice enough to justify requiring more memory or whatever
> (of course just that one feature's not going to make much difference,
> but in aggregate, they might).

Well, that sort-of depends on which 'embedded' board you're talking
about really. And the trade-off between the work needed for a hacked-up
1 off, the space that could be saved by doing this, and the space that
could be saved elsewhere. Perhaps on the embedded_in_my_fridge machine
it might make sense, but not ever embedded device is quite so tiny and
strapped for space.

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/