Re: PATCH : LEDs - possibly the most pointless kernel subsystem ever

From: Andrey Borzenkov (arvidjaar@mail.ru)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 07:27:19 EST

> This patch adds an abstraction layer for programmable LED devices,
> hardware drivers for the Status LEDs found on some Intel PIIX4E based
> server hardware (notably the ISP1100 1U rackmount server) and LEDs wired
> to the parallel port data lines.

Sorry for a bit OT but - anybody has experience with ASUS I-Panel?
It plugs into SM bus, has several buttons, diodes and LEDs. Some of
buttons are apparently programmable and LED can be used to cycle
through sensor information.

It should be accessible via normal i2c interface but I could not find
any description. Also pressing button when some sensor-aware program
runs gives funny results sometimes :)

TIA

-andrey