Re: PATCH : LEDs - possibly the most pointless kernel subsystem ever

From: John Bradford (john@grabjohn.com)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 14:15:06 EST

> This patch adds an abstraction layer for programmable LED devices,
> hardware drivers for the Status LEDs found on some Intel PIIX4E based
> server hardware (notably the ISP1100 1U rackmount server) and LEDs wired
> to the parallel port data lines.

I haven't had chance to test this yet, but I really like the idea - by
an amasing co-incidence, I was actually thinking about the possibility
of doing a parallel port connected front panel earlier today!

Does anybody have any suggestions for recommended standard uses for
parallel port connected LEDs?

Disk spinning up/disk ready
Root login active

Any other suggestions?