[BUG] 2.6.0-test2 loses time on 486

From: Mikael Pettersson (mikpe@csd.uu.se)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 12:34:43 EST

My old 486 test box is losing time at an alarming rate
when running 2.6.0-test kernels. It loses almost 2 minutes
per hour, less if it sits idle. This problem does not
occur when it's running a 2.4 kernel.

There's nothing noteworthy in dmesg.

This has been going on since at least the 2.5.7x kernels,
and possible also the 2.5.6x kernels. I strongly suspect
a bug in the time-keeping changes in late 2.5 kernels.
The 486 has no TSC, and I don't have an NTP server to
keep my machines' times in sync.

/Mikael