2.6.0-test2

From: Gene Heskett (gene.heskett@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 11:42:17 EST

5,6,7,8th 9th (ad infinitum :) attempts to boot

After running make defconfig, I found it had turned on several scsi
drivers I don't have cards for, all I have is an advansis abp-930.

I've tried to clean all that out so that only the sg, ide-scsi and the
advansis drivers are enabled, but I've not been able to get it to
boot to a login prompt again, its getting stuck in a loop reseting
and then disabling the scsi bus. I also do not think I've found the
keyboard yet either, as there is no response on screen from it at any
point in the boot attempt and the only recovery is with the hardware
reset button.

The keyboard is a M$ (spit) Internet model, plugged into the ps2 port
labeled kbd, and the mouse is a USB logitech optical wheel mouse.
Both are working great for any 2.4.x boot in recent history.

here is a grep of .config for VT + '='
CONFIG_VT=y
CONFIG_VT_CONSOLE=y

Here is the grep of INPUT from .config containing an = sign:
CONFIG_INPUT=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_PSAUX=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_X=1600
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_Y=1200
CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV=y
CONFIG_INPUT_KEYBOARD=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSE=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MISC=y
CONFIG_INPUT_PCSPKR=y
CONFIG_USB_HIDINPUT=y
-------------
Here is the same for SCSI, also stripped of stuff lacking an = :
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDESCSI=y
CONFIG_SCSI=y
CONFIG_SCSI_MULTI_LUN=y
CONFIG_SCSI_REPORT_LUNS=y
CONFIG_SCSI_ADVANSYS=y

----------------
And here is USB:
CONFIG_USB=y
CONFIG_USB_DEVICEFS=y
CONFIG_USB_BANDWIDTH=y
CONFIG_USB_UHCI_HCD=y
CONFIG_USB_AUDIO=m
CONFIG_USB_PRINTER=y
CONFIG_USB_STORAGE=m
CONFIG_USB_HID=y
CONFIG_USB_HIDINPUT=y
CONFIG_USB_HIDDEV=y
CONFIG_USB_SCANNER=y
CONFIG_USB_SERIAL=y
CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_PL2303=y

And a repeat grep for FB (framebuffer) yielded nothing.

It never got far enough to dump the syslog, so there is no recording.

Ideas? Do you need other info I can get from a 2.4.22-pre8 boot that
works pretty good?

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M