Re: 2.6.0-test1 NFS file transfer

From: Wakko Warner (wakko@animx.eu.org)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 08:44:28 EST

> > > I cannot transfer files larger than 914 mb from an NFS mounted
> > > filesystem to a local filesystem. A larger file than that is
> > > simply cut of at 914 MB. This is using 2.6.0-test1, 2.4.20
> > > works fine. Can it be the version of mount I'm using? Its the
> > > one that comes with util-linux-2.11y.
> >
> > I noticed on 2.6.0-test1 that mounting a server using the userspace nfs
> > daemon (v2 I assume) doesn't work very well at all. It was pretty much
> > useless. I rarely ever could get a directory listing. It would just spew
> > "nfs server not responding".

> I'll try with the kernel NFS then, any idea why this happens?

That's what I'd like to know. I have both provide nfsv3 and nfsv4 compiled.
I have not tried it w/o nfsv4 but I do use nfsv3. One of my servers uses
the kernel nfsd with v3 support.

On a side note, I wish I could export / to whoever and everything seen on
the localsystem under / is exported just like the userspace daemon.