RE: Problems related to DMA or DDR memory on Intel 845 chipset?

From: Kathy Frazier (kfrazier@mdc-dayton.com)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 08:51:19 EST

Krzysztof Halasa writes:

>Are you using some standard PCI bridge by chance? Are you sure it isn't
>a hardware (design or manufacturing) problem with the device (bridge)?

We are using the ASUS P4PE MoBo - Uses Intel 845PE chipset. The message
file indicates:

Transparant bridge - Intel Corp. 82801BA/CA/DB PCI bridge

>How do you check interrupt request state?
I assume you are referring to the kernel debug stuff that I added? The
routine I added simply read the Interrupt Mask Register (IMR), Interrupt
Request Register (IRR) and the Interrupt Service Register (ISR). The IMR
shows that our IRQ is not masked off. The IRR shows that there is currently
no interrupt pending for our IRQ. The ISR shows that we are not currently
servicing our IRQ.

Regards,
Kathy