Re: bug in 2.6.0test2

From: Nico Schottelius (nico-kernel@schottelius.org)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 17:26:42 EST

Steve Lord [Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 03:47:30PM -0500]:
> On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 06:59, Nico Schottelius wrote:
> > Hello again!
> >
> > When trying to boot from a cryptoloop we get the attached error.
> > Details:
> > modules loop,cryptoloop,aes (in this order) are loaded with insmod
> > (from initrd)
> > then mounting proc
> >
> > Any suggestions / solutions ?
> >
> > Nico
> >
> > ps: please cc me and scholz AT wdt.de
>
> Something else went wrong before you crashed:
>
> bio too big device loop0 (2 > 0)
>
> This means you cannot use any bio larger than zero to this device,

assume i didn't understand very much you told me..what is a bio?
how do I use it? and why is it too big here?

> which is probably why ext2 said this, since it caught the error when
> building the bio.

ext2? I am wondering..afai understood that, the root wasn't even
decrypted, how can the kernel try to ext2-mount it?

> EXT2-fs: unable to read superblock
>
> XFS didn't catch the error building the bio and submitted it, at
> which point the I/O tripped the BUG. I can fix this part, but
> the original problem is something I know nothing about.

..or better why does it start mounting/before decrypt?

Nico

--
echo God bless America | sed 's/.*\(A.*$\)/Why \1?/'
pgp: new id: 0x8D0E27A4 | ftp.schottelius.org/pub/familiy/nico/pgp-key.new