Re: The Well-Factored 386

From: jw schultz (jw@pegasys.ws)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 23:42:13 EST

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 08:49:41PM -0700, Larry McVoy wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 02:27:32AM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > On Maw, 2003-07-29 at 01:34, jw schultz wrote:
> > > Now if we could cut off the threads about BK (as opposed to
> > > bk servers) started by anyone other than Larry...
> >
> > Even better - by Larry too, excepting when its kernel relevant like
> > downtimes, updates etc
>
> Dave and Linus cc-ed me on the vger crackdown discussions and I offered
> to unsubscribe from the kernel list if it would help. Dave's comment was
> that I don't start the wars, which is probably true. I tend to respond
> to attacks, not go looking for fights. I'd be curious to know when it is
> that you think I've started a flame fest here, Alan.
>
> I'm here for two reasons, I like OS topics and I want to support BK.
> That latter one is a problem, the same character traits which make
> me want to help people when they have problems are the ones that make
> me participate in the BK flames. If the kernel community is ready to
> operate on a lower level of support from us, I'll bow out. It hasn't
> been pleasant being here for the last couple of years and I'd prefer
> to be gone.

As the one who made the comment that Alan (tongue in cheek,
i hope) reacted to, let me say that your posts have been
welcome except when someone is pushing your buttons. When
the topic has been about code your comments have been
informative. Perhaps if the BK and licensing flame-fests
are interdicted things will become a bit more pleasant for
you.

	email address:		jw@pegasys.ws