2.6.0-test2 make failure

From: Gene Heskett (gene.heskett@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 20:38:44 EST

Greets everybody;

Here is one I haven't seen before, and its my first thru 4th try at
building 2.6.0-test2.

The error exit looks like this:
-------------------------
gcc -DMODVERSIONS -include
/lib/modules/2.4.22-pre8/build/include/linux/modversions.h
-D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -fomit-frame-pointer -I.
-Ikernel/include -I/usr/local/include
-I/lib/modules/2.4.22-pre8/build/include -nostdinc -I
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2/include -Wall -O2 -c
kernel/busses/i2c-nforce2.c -o kernel/busses/i2c-nforce2.o
kernel/busses/i2c-nforce2.c: In function `nforce2_probe_smb':
kernel/busses/i2c-nforce2.c:337: structure has no member named `owner'
make: *** [kernel/busses/i2c-nforce2.o] Error 1
--------------------------
Please note the wrong /lib/modules/version reference above! It
faintly resembles the i2c errors, errors made because the version is
apparently being extracted from a uname return by the Makefile.

Backtracking up thru half a meg of shell history, I find this:
---------------
Ahh, never mind, I see all sorts of warnings about NOT building in i2c
stuff, it must be modules, and the fscking makefile is broken anyway
since it determines the architecture its being built from via the use
of uname, which of course is reporting 2.4.22-pre8. Like I said, the
Makefile in the i2c subdir is busted, and I will have to build, and
boot to, 2.6.0-test2 before I can build the hardware sensors stuff...

That I can fix...

Ok, back to the real exit above, I've no doubt got something fubared,
but I do have a GForce2 MX-200 32 meg card it would be nice to be
able to use since its the only video in this machine :-)

Do I have to turn that off, build to the vga screen first, boot to it,
and then rebuild it so the module versions are correct before this
will build?

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M