Re: WINE + Galciv + Con Kolivar's 09 patch to 2.6.0-test1-mm2

From: gaxt (gaxt@rogers.com)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 16:40:44 EST

260-test2-vanilla works fine with a little stutter playing the avis
260-test2-O10 causes horrible stutter and loss of input to system
260-test2-mm1 causes horrible stutter and loss of input to system

NOTE: Instead of re-setting, by switching consoles by pressing Alt F7
then Alt-F1 back and forth (ie from X to virtual console) it seems I
could prod wine+galciv into edging forward, stalling, edging forward
etc. through the opening AVIs. ie. I would hear the sounds of the movie
advance each time I switched into Alt-F1.

Once into the turn-based game itself (after opening animations) ability
to input was restored again and the game can be played and windows moved
around etc.

So it seems the playing of the little movies is what really locks up the
whole system using the O10/mm1 scheduling???