Re: 2.6.0-test2 has i8042 mux problems

From: Claas Langbehn (claas@rootdir.de)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 15:35:23 EST

> Interesting. Yes, the new keyboard driver knows far too much about
> keyboards, and that knowledge is right only in 98% of the cases.
> No doubt we'll be forced to back out a lot of probing done now.
>
> Nevertheless it would be interesting to see precisely what happens.
> Could you try to change the #undef DEBUG in drivers/input/serio/i8042.c
> into #define DEBUG and report what output you get at boot time?

This is the only debug message i can see without keyboard.

serio: i8042 AUX Port at 0x60,0x64 irq 12
input: AT set2 keyboard on isa0060/serio0
serio i8042 KBD port at 0x60,0x64 irq 1

Can you tell me how to force the driver to enable my keyboard anyways?
It would be great, because booting is a pain right now.

Regards, claas