rivafb still broken in 2.6.0-test2?

From: Thomas Themel (themel-lkml@iwoars.net)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 13:28:22 EST

Hi,

I'm trying to get rivafb working with a GeForce 4 MX 440 and
2.6.0-test2. The penguin logo and the cursor are displayed correctly,
but the rest of the screen is garbage (I assume I can find a more
verbose graphical description for the garbage if it is helpful :)).

The original problem was encountered on a UP kernel running ACPI, local
APIC and MTRR support, but removing these features didn't help.

This is what rivafb has to say:

rivafb: nVidia device/chipset 10DE0171
rivafb: Detected CRTC controller 0 being used
rivafb: PCI nVidia NV20 framebuffer ver 0.9.5b (nVidiaGeForce4-M, 64MB @ 0xD0000000)
Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 80x30

with MTRR enabled, it's:

rivafb: nVidia device/chipset 10DE0171
rivafb: Detected CRTC controller 0 being used
rivafb: RIVA MTRR set to ON
rivafb: PCI nVidia NV20 framebuffer ver 0.9.5b (nVidiaGeForce4-M, 64MB @ 0xD0000000)
Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 80x30

but gives the same result. Is this supposed to work?

ciao,

--
[*Thomas  Themel*] "That doesn't make it bad, but it's also not
[extended contact]  spectacular nerd porn."