Re: [2.4 PATCH] bugfix: ARP respond on all devices

From: Phil Oester (kernel@theoesters.com)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 12:09:59 EST

What I think David fails to realize is that in the real world, people
use the hidden patch on a regular basis. It is the simplest way to
achieve what we want to in a server farm consisting of hundreds of
servers. It also involves the least overhead.

And NO - I do not use IPVS. I use one of the many hardware based
loadbalancers which work flawlessly with the hidden flag.

Those in ivory towers can pontificate endlessly about how one 'should'
fix the arp problem. Those in the trenches will do it the easy way.

Phil Oester