Re: The well-factored 386

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 11:55:06 EST

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 18:46:21 +0200
Andries Brouwer <aebr@win.tue.nl> wrote:

> You on the other hand threaten with censorship.
> That is not funny at all.

Run your own mailing lists, then you can tell people
what is appropriate or not appropriate for list discussions
and then decide how to deal with people who ignore such
requests to stay on-topic.

Do you accuse me of censoring spammers too? I filter
them too. :-)

Off topic postings take people's time, and we have enough
traffic with just the on-topic stuff as it is.

If you find pleasure in having to figure out what the regexps are each
day needed in order to filter out all the GPL, OSDL, bitkeeper,
whatever threads on linux-kernel each and every day on this list
that's ok, but most other people do not find this a fun activity
at all.

The fact is that people like to abuse linux-kernel because of how
large an audience they know it reaches. And frankly, I'm simply not
going to tolerate people being jackasses and using linux-kernel as a
bullhorn to discuss whatever they think every needs to hear about.