Re: Reiser4 status: benchmarked vs. V3 (and ext3)

From: Gene Heskett (gene.heskett@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Jul 27 2003 - 10:04:34 EST

On Sunday 27 July 2003 08:45, Tomas Szepe wrote:
>> [reiser@namesys.com]
>>
>> Nikita, how about phrasing this as:
>>
>> `Dear and esteemed potential Reiser4 user, I apologize that we
>> put a tarball on our website and let it get so obsolete, thereby
>> wasting your time. I am deleting it now, and will soon put a new
>> one up. In the meantime, can you use bitkeeper if that is
>> convenient for you? Here is the URL with the instructions for
>> doing that.....'
>>
>> It is the usual American business english used in such cases.;-)
>
>Standard American puke inducing pretentious florid business
>language if you want to be completely accurate. 8)

Huh? I thought Hans was being facetious, or was practicing his
standup comedy. I can see something like that coming out of a far
western oriental type when dealing with an american that isn't really
understanding his accent, but here in the states, after we've
explained it once in plain english, the next exchange will more than
likely go the other way, possibly even making it to the 'hey
dumbf*ck' stage on about the 4th reply.

And I do object, albeit somewhat tongue-in-cheek, to applying that
particular label/broad brush to all americans since I am one of those
creatures.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M