Re: [TRIVIAL] use ext2/ext3 consistently in Kconfig

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Sun Jul 27 2003 - 06:05:28 EST

On Sad, 2003-07-26 at 20:57, Tomas Szepe wrote:
> $subj + also clarify what fs versions the current reiser module supports.
> Patch against -bk3.

> This is the journaling version of the Second extended file system
- (often called ext3), the de facto standard Linux file system
+ (often called ext2), the de facto standard Linux file system
          (method to organize files on a storage device) for hard disks.

It is called ext3 not ext2. This change is dubious (actually the big
problem is it is totally unclear what we are discussing the name of.
How about

  Ext3 is the journalling versions of the second extended file system
(ext2). Ext2 was the former de-facto standard Linux file system. Ext3
uses the same on disk layout but with a journal.