Kernel 2.6.0 wont let me unmount eth0 upon reboot

From: Marino Fernandez (mjferna@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jul 26 2003 - 19:51:39 EST

I've trying the new kernel. Everything is OK, except that when I shut down my
machine, I get this message:

unmounting remote filesystems
unregistering_netdevice: waiting for eth0 to become free. usage count = -4

This last line keeps repeating ad infinitum, until I turn the power down...

Needless to say that with 2.4.21 I don't have this problem.

I have a Fujitsu Lifebook C-7651 laptop, pentium III. My ethernet card is a
Realtek 8129. I have this in my kernel config file:

# CONFIG_8139CP is not set
CONFIG_8139TOO=m
# CONFIG_8139TOO_PIO is not set
CONFIG_8139TOO_TUNE_TWISTER=y
CONFIG_8139TOO_8129=y
# CONFIG_8139_OLD_RX_RESET is not set

8139too loads, I can get in the internet through my cable modem. If I do rmmod
8139too I get the same message... I cannot unload the 8139too module.

Any help will be appreciated.