Re: some kernel config menu suggested tweaks

From: Tomas Szepe (szepe@pinerecords.com)
Date: Sat Jul 26 2003 - 08:01:42 EST

> > Send a patch.
>
> i'd be happy to, but based on my previous experience sending
> in a few patches, it's just not worth the aggravation any more.

Well, you know the Gandhi routine: Whatever you do will be
insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.

> just one of my patches that got adopted took, literally, several
> weeks of being dropped on the floor with no reason why.

Trivial patches need to go to people like AC who tend to focus
on aggregating fixes and are in a much better position to push
upstream.

> "we can't hire you. you don't have enough experience doing
> this job."
> "ok, so how do i get experience?"
> "well, you have to do this job for a while."

At which point you must get yossarian-ish enough to start a company.

--
Tomas Szepe <szepe@pinerecords.com>