Re: [2.4 patch] netfilter Configure.help cleanup

From: Adrian Bunk (bunk@fs.tum.de)
Date: Sat Jul 26 2003 - 05:50:21 EST

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 10:50:24PM +0200, Harald Welte wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 11:06:49AM +1000, Rusty Russell wrote:
> > In message <20030717201304.GL1407@fs.tum.de> you write:
> >
> > > the patch below does the following changes to the netfilter entries in
> > > Configure.help in 2.4.22-pre2:
> > > - order similar to net/ipv4/netfilter/Config.in
> > > - remove useless short descriptions above CONFIG_*
> > > - added CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_RECENT entry (stolen from 2.5)
> >
> > Sorry Adrian, I think this is overzealous.
> >
> > Please just add the CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_RECENT entry. Remember,
> > "stable" means "boring". 8)
>
> I will submit the RECENT entry to davem with my next set of patches.
>
> Does everybody else have an ordered Configure.help? if yes, I'd accept

Most subsytems have their Configure.help entries ordered according to
the Config.in order.

> the patch to comply with common practice. If not, I would just say: who
> cares about the order, it's processed by {old,menu,x}config anyway.

I'm not religious regarding the order of Configure.help entries, and in
2.6 this problem will be non-existant.

cu
Adrian

--

"Is there not promise of rain?" Ling Tan asked suddenly out of the darkness. There had been need of rain for many days. "Only a promise," Lao Er said. Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed