Random Oopses on 2.6.0-test1-mm2

From: Apurva Mehta (apurva@gmx.net)
Date: Sat Jul 26 2003 - 02:18:01 EST

Hi,

I get random oopses while using 2.6.0-test1-mm2. I have attached the
oops message and also the ksymoops output. I get the same behaviour
with the 08int patch applied also. The OOPs message attached was
obtained on a 2.6.0-test1-mm2-08int.

Basically, the system just freezes while performing random
tasks. Sometimes it happes just after loading xmms and starting to
play a song. Sometimes I can do that and open my browser and surf a
bit before it freezes. However, every session ends in a
freeze. AFAICS, there is no discernible pattern of usage that leads to
a freeze. It may occur while processing the startup scripts or while
starting X or at any moment during an X session.

Once the system is frozen, I can still move the mouse or switch to a
virtual console. But I cannot run any programs. If the freeze occurs
in X, I do not see the oops message. So the oops message I have
attached happened just after I typed `startx` at the console after a
fresh reboot.

        - Apurva