Possible sparc64 signal handling issue

From: Hal Duston (hduston@speedscript.com)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 15:17:10 EST

In arch/sparc64/kernel/traps.c, data_access_exception() is defined to
receive 3 parameters, (and uses all three of them). In
arch/sparc64/kernel/unaligned.c it is only passed a single parameter.

This is causing me difficulty when handling segfault signals. On most
Linux platforms I have access to the siginfo_t.si_addr isn't populated
at all anyway, and I use the ucontext_t third parameter given to the
handler. Under sparc64 though, the third parameter doesn't point to
anything that I can discern, and due to the aforementioned three versus
one parameter issue, the value of si_addr in siginfo_t is incorrect as
well.

This issue appears to be present in both 2.4, and 2.6.

--
Hal Duston
hduston@speedscript.com