Re: Switching to the OSL License, in a dual way.

From: Gaël Le Mignot (kilobug@freesurf.fr)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 10:15:33 EST

>> Nonesense. If the business no longer has the licence to use BK (for
>> whatever reason) then it no longer has access to the data. Now to
>> get access to the data you must reverse engineer BK...

> Oh, I see, you violate our license, your license is revoked, and
> now you have the write to reverse engineer BK? Show me the law which
> says that is true.

I was working on a project during my free time using BK, and then I
get employed by a company contributing to Subversion. My license is
then void, but I want to be able to still use the files and servers I
used before. Reverse is allowed, and moral, in this case.

> BK has a command that will take a BK tree and produce pure SCCS files,
> there is even a GNU SCCS clone so tell me again you need to go poking
> around in BK?

Without any lose of data and meta-data ?
And still, my license being void, how could I do that ?

(of course, I am not in this case - I'll never be crazy enough to use
a non-free software to store my data).

--
Gael Le Mignot "Kilobug" - kilobug@nerim.net - http://kilobug.free.fr
GSM         : 06.71.47.18.22 (in France)   ICQ UIN   : 7299959

Member of HurdFr: http://hurdfr.org - The GNU Hurd: http://hurd.gnu.org - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/